23/04/2026 - 29/07/2026 (Week 1 - Week 15)
Carren Yeliandi / 0376990
Major Project 1 / Bachelor of Design (Hons.) in Creative Media
Carren Yeliandi / 0376990
Major Project 1 / Bachelor of Design (Hons.) in Creative Media
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Instructions
<iframe
src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FDQiY6k_2ZDmgxQHmV5_FqXQoK_FIL23/preview"
width="640" height="480"></iframe>
Feedbacks
<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/10DLov6zrEq7PGQbIQquLO_8dZhnmXGdy/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
Reflections
Group Reflection :
Our team consists of 2 members and we plan to make a game that focuses on a real life issue in which we chose self acceptance. It actually is quite fun thinking of the designs, story and gameplay for the characters but we slowly did realize that making it into a functional game was not an easy job.
We looked up multiple tutorials to create a 2D game in PlayCanvas and it took us quite a while to make it look good especially the background and UI visuals which we did struggle to think of. It was a struggle for us to code the game even with the tutorials online whether general javascript tutorials or even official Playcanvas documentation. This was our first time making a game alongside another game for another module so we’re learning from scratch for both of the games this semester.
On top of that, we also had other assignments that we had to do along with this and to learn everything within these 14-15 weeks is truly a struggle. We divided our task but sometimes things just doesn’t go to plan and the process takes longer than expected and we’re only started the creation of the demo pretty late into the semester but we were glad that we were able to progress this far and hope that it all goes well during the presentation later on.
Personal Reflection :
Personally, I tried to learn Javascript from scratch and understand the concept but blanked out during application. Thankfully there was quite a lot of documentation for the basics on Playcanvas official documentation. Youtube tutorials is a hit or miss as sometimes I'll be a bit confused since they hardcoded them with html and CSS. There will be times when I thought that I should've just made an app since it would be easier but I reminded myself constantly that the reason I chose a game is simply because I want to make a game because it's more fun and I'm more passionate about it. I just hope that I can do the idea justice since I personally think it's a good idea and concept and I truly enjoyed the process of making the design and plotline but struggled a lot with the codes.
Comments
Post a Comment