Information Design - Final Project - Animated Infographics

15/06/2026 - 01/08/2026 (Week 9 - Week 15)
Carren Yeliandi / 0376990
Information Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons.) in Creative Media
Final Project


TABLE OF CONTENTS






Lectures


Refer to Exercises




Instructions

<iframe src="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ffL8FDOG1D_-rvpBFwOCeMcIzeEd3jha/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>


To start this project, I first discussed about the style of the motion graphic with my teammates. We then used AI to generate a mind map to help separate our parts.


Before anything, I read the content of my part specifically and then used AI to summarize the content for my script and storyboarding. Since I already read the original content, I can read the summary AI gave me and see if any fixes needs to be done. Sometimes, I'll prompt it with sentences and ask them to fix the wording, but sometimes I'll just go in and fix it myself. After I'm satisfied with the summary, I began my storyboarding but I changed the storyboard due to the thought of only using one scene per part (time limitation) and started the asset creation sketch based on what I thought the graphic style was going to be.

Fig 1. Asset sketch (01/08/26)

It was at this point that I realized that there were some miscommunication about the scenes and graphic style. After reconfirming everything with my teammate once more, I redid the storyboard and assets. The feedback Mr.Martin gave surprisingly matched with my initial idea for a storyboard. So after finalizing the storyboard, I begin the asset making in Adobe Illustrator. 


Fig 2. Storyboard (01/08/26)

Fig 3. Asset creation (01/08/26)

After confirming my asset with my teammate and changing the laptop color to match our color palette, I started on the motion graphic itself, using the reference in the document, where it uses something called an expression code, which I applied on some motion to create a bounce effect just like those Apple ads. 

Fig 4. Adding in expression code - the one in red (01/08/26)

Vid 1. First draft (01/08/26)

After consulting with Mr.Martin, I fixed the pacing and deleted any unnecessary words. The AI voice was then generated based on our complied script and everything was already compiled into one before i finally realize that I forgot to add a keyword in but in the end, I decided to let it be as it's already compiled into one.

Vid 2. Final compiled animated infographics (01/08/26)





Reflections

        Unexpectedly, it was quite fun to do. I was slightly confused during the making of this as I feel like the reference were not being used. However, I still tried to match what my teammates are doing within the best of my ability to try and make it look more consistent. In the end, the result is actually pretty good although I feel like the AI voiceover sounds so stiff compared to how I like it but I'll take it.





Comments